Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Evening

I made the fillings for four pumpkin pies. Kae made the crust. Afterward Kae made a bit more pie crust and we with out two little cousins used special little leaf shaped cookie cutters and made leaves out of pie dough to decorate the pies with. I made lots of oakleaf shaped ones and put them all along the edge of one of the pies. It was henceforward called "Julie's Pie" even though I had made all of them!

It was getting dark when I finished and I went out to feed my pets and put away my mothers chickens. The air was the most lovely temperature and the sun was setting in the West, shining on the last of the red leaves. I looked up at the glowing-red treetops and wished my friend a happy birthday. Then I ran from place to place, the weather was so nice.

As I put the chickens away I remember a long time ago, that was only actually a few years ago, an evening much like this. It was when my aunt and her then fiancee were going to come. On that night I was thinking of them and I saw a shooting star. I was so lovely, so very lovely. I came in and it was warm and noisy. But not nearly as warm or as noisy as it soon will be. Seize the moment. When the present is this nice, live in it.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure all your pies are delicious! And I'm honored that you thought of us in your lovely moment. :)

~ A.K. ~