Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am Thankful For...

I am thankful for being thankful. It may sound a bit odd, but it is true. First of all, can you imagine how horrible life would be if you and I were ungrateful? No mater how much we had, we would never be satisfied, always wanting more and never being appreciative. Secondly, I pride myself in not taking things for granted. I don't mean to be smug or boasting, but it is true. I am truly deeply grateful for my warm, clean bed, knowing how to read and to write, hot and cold running water, the food that I eat, the clean water that I have to drink, my sister's ability to go to collage (Anytime in the past and she wouldn't be able to, be it that we are poor or be it that she is female), heating and air, all of my limbs and all of my fingers and all of my toes (Really, everyone else says they never appreciate them until they are hurt or something.), living in a nice and safe place, and so much, so very much more.


Today always makes me sad. Sad because I am always surrounded by people and the last thing they look like they feel is, well, thankful. Be it the men and kids out to have a good time, hanging out or playing, or be it the women, out to be stressed and busy. Oh, for about five minutes every Thanksgiving we say something we are thankful for. But no one really cares about that, they are just thinking about the candy they get afterwords and how/if and when they get more. I don't mean to be cynical or depressing, I just want to make my observations known.

So, as I said, I am thankful for being thankful. And for so very much more.


Have an absolutely wonderful day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful attribute. You're an amazing young woman.

~ A.K. ~