Friday, March 19, 2010

Officially Spring

Photo : Bruno Monginoux /
www.Landscape-Photo.net
(cc-by-nc-nd)

This post is a bit different, it is more like a letter to my Dear Readers, all seven (more or less) of you. But some of the coolest and dearest seven people that I know. You mean more to me than thousands. This may sound like a farewell to you but it is not; it is a fair well to Winter, and I want to wish all of my wonderful friends an awesome and wonderful Spring.

Depending on where you live, perhaps it has already been like Spring for a while for some of you and for others it may still seem like Winter a bit longer, but now, it is Officially Spring.

I know that many, if not all, of you have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this glorious time. My friend ( I may call you friend, can't I? I mean, we only actually met once.) The Night Writer will no longer be persecuted by Old Man Winter, My Dear Mother may work in her lovely garden, and all of you may enjoy the beautiful weather and life returning the the trees and flowers.

In the Springtime, Friends,
In the Springtime fair,
I wish all ye, my merry Friends,
A merry Springtime fair.

Say farewell to the Winter winds,
Say farewell to the Winter, foul,

Say farewell to the winter winds.


In the Springtime, Friends,
In the Springtime fair,
I wish all ye, my merry Friends,

A merry Springtime fair.

~By Sileas MacNab


Spring is very dear to me; I find it the best of all seasons. All of the life returning and the green mist spreading and all of the wonderful things of Last Year that we have forgotten about. I wish that all of you could be here and we might enjoy it together.
So, my Friends, I wish all of you an exceptionally exquisite Spring.

Eirene Kai Elpis

Julie

7 comments:

CrazyGentleman said...

You may call me friend only if you will also permit me to do the same in vice versa. I wish you an utterly fantastic first day of Spring's arrival! May she bless you great abundances of sunshine and short-sleeved freedom.

Ruth said...

Julie - What a beautiful post! Thank you for the welcome to spring. And what a lovely poem by Sileas MacNab! :)

Anonymous said...

Julie, I love what you have done with your site. It is beautiful!
-Mikele

Julie said...

Of course, Night Writer! And may Spring treat you likewise.


Julie

Julie said...

Thank you, Dear Mikele. It means a lot to me that you like it.

Anonymous said...

Happiest of springs to you, Julie!! Don't lose your delight for the season before we can enjoy it together!! ;)

~ A. K. ~

Anonymous said...

I won't lose delight one bit, on the contrary, my love for it grows daily with the new Spring buds.

I await the day we will enjoy it together most eagerly.