Thursday, May 26, 2011

Titus Andronicus

Well, that was about the nastiest thing I've ever read. But, mercifully, it was remarkably short (I read it all in one day. The only other play I've read in one day is "Two Gentlemen of Verona" (Shakespeare's shortest) ). It was not, perhaps, as bloody as Michael Crichton's Timeline, (Read: "The goriest book I've ever read.") but the fact that the people in the play were all do deeply cruel and violent, that they didn't think twice about slaughtering people, it was just shocking and horrifying.

Worst Character: Um, all of them, every one else, and all of the other people in the play. Actually, no, four were worse than the rest, but I do not want to even say their names on my blog (That's not crazy, is it?). I mean, they were evil beyond belief. The queen was even more evil than Goneril and Regan from King Lear, she sets the new record. He sons, I won't disgrace my blog by saying anything about them. The moor was psychopathic.

Best Character: Believe it or not, there were some people in the play that didn't get killed and that I liked. Three: Marcus Andronicus, Lucius, and Young Lucius, his son.

Rated: R

In a Word: Awful

Crowning Moment: When Marcus killed the fly. It was actually rather funny.

No comments: