Thursday, August 4, 2011

Don't Blink

It all is going by so fast. Life. It's like the fast-forward button is stuck. I can't get over it, how time seems like a big rock rolling down a hill, gaining speed as it goes. Time does fly when you are having fun. It flies the other times, too, it just doesn't seem like it.

I don't know what changed, but it really does seem like time is going faster than it used too. It scares me. I want to grab hold of something and slow down, but I can't: everything else is flying through time just as fast as I am. It's terrifying.

This year is going so quickly. It seems like just not to long ago I was writing in my 2011 journal for the very first time, and now all the pages say "August" so plainly across the top. Where did it go?

Blink and it's gone. And then I find myself wondering:

Did it even happen?

The last two weeks of July was some of the nicest and most awesome times I've ever had, but they went so fast. It was heartbreaking. It made me realize how fast everything else is going. Now time going fast is not all bad, it does have its good sides, but for the most part, it just makes me sad.

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." ~ Dr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I got to be a part of some of the most awesome times you've had. Yes, they did really happen. :)

~ A.K. ~

Julie said...

I'm glad, too, A.K. Very glad. :)